Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fourth Succession War: Skondia Part 12 - Second Demo Battle

Two weeks from the big day at the con and a second demo battle under my belt, I think the Battle for Skondia will be a success. On Sunday, four friends of mine replayed the Fourth Succession War: Skondia engagement with some of the improvements that were suggested from last game while I played referee. After a late start (my fault—I forgot something at home) we managed to play through six rounds without a clear winner. In other words, the game was much more balanced. I wished we could go for another six, which I believe would have taken a lot less time because the players were now much more familiar with their units, but alas, everyone had to get back to reality. It was a Sunday after all. I think the biggest thing I learned from this go at it was that I needed many more charts. I intend to figuratively litter the con with charts for my upcoming game. I buddy Dylan will also be helping run the game and each person will likely have fewer units because I intend the game for 8 players rather than 4. I will let you know how the game goes. Until then, enjoy the photos.

The 14th Legion of Vega prepares for battle

A lance of the Skondia Mech Academy move to take up a positions

A Kurita lance decides on a course of action

A tank company of the Skondia Milita takes up positions on the high ground

A secure and partially covered position

The combattants pound on each other in a pitched battle

Coppers sweep in to harass the Legion units from the rear

The Legion is forced to call in another lance from their limited reserve



No comments:

Post a Comment