Thursday, August 26, 2010

Autumn Diorama part 2 of 2

Welcome back to the second half of my autumn diorama write-up. You have read how I built the diorama, but this post shows why I built the diorama. As you can see, it is a lance of mechs from the 1st Kathil Uhlans. What I have been trying to do is paint and photograph enough mechs that I can become a member of Camo Specs Online. CSO is the premiere Battletech site to showcase miniatures created by Iron Wind Metals and the paint jobs unique to all of the various factions. I figure if I do enough, my painting ability will improve and I will eventually have at least 5 outstanding mechs to submit for judging. So, I try to paint mechs that CSO does not have many examples of in an effort to maximize my chances of getting my stuff on their site. Here is what CSO shows for the 1st Kathil Uhlans.

In the mean time, I submitted an OTL-6D Ostsol to the Iron Wind Metals Contest at WAMP. I almost did not submit anything because the Ostsol I was painting was missing the three forward firing lasers and I did not realized it until I was almost done with the mech. So, I sent an email to Iron Wind Metals and they sent me out the parts within three days for free. How outstanding is that? Thanks IWM!

I found out about the contest from Scrap Yard Armory (thanks guys). If you follow this link, you can take a look at the contestants. I would have submitted the entire lance, but three (Stinger, Wasp &, Phoenix Hawk) mechs of the lance are the “Unseen”—mechs that visually can not be seen in the Battletech universe thanks to the ass clowns at Harmony Gold. Don’t get me started on them.

Finally, I used foam board and various colored spray paint to create the illusion of a rising sun for the background. The other board is just a foam board spray painted blue for sky that I can use as well. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment